" Yes indeed the allegations were serious. However, the documents did not fully make out the case.It is the policy of COJA ( Committee on Judicial Accountability ) to start some proceeding only when it has evidence which makes out a cast iron case. COJA does not havethe power of investigation. Only if the government is willing the matter can proceed further. It is only in cases of complete evidence of misconduct an attempt to get MPs sign an impeachment motion has any chance of success "
My response :
But it is a cast iron case, for the following reasons :
(1) Several of the plots of land purchased in the name of Dattu's wife Gayathri ( whose photocopies are in the dossier ) are technically in the rural areas, where the Karnatak Land Reforms Act applies, which prohibits a person from purchasing land if his/her family income is over Rs.2 lacs per year. Dattu's income alone at the relevant tiime, being a High Court Judge, was about Rs. 15 lacs per year.
(2) Dattu was allotted a plot under a scheme which permitted allotment only to a Karnataka High Court employee. A High Court Judge is a constitutional authority, not an employee
(3) Dattu got another plot in Bangalore under a scheme which said that a person who himself or whose family member already had a plot in Bangalore could not be allotted a plot under the scheme. Dattu and his family have several plots in Bangalore.
(4) All Supreme Court Judges have to disclose their assets. Dattu has not disclosed his palatial house ( whose photographs I sent you by email ) in his list of assets. This can be easily verified from the Supreme Court website supremecourtofindia.nic.in
(5) In several of the sale deeds showing purchase of land ( whose photocopies are in the dossier ) in the name of Gayathri ( Dattu's wife ), she is described as daughter of Guravayoor, not wife of Dattu. These plots were acquired long after their marriage. Why was her husband's name concealed ? Is it not obvious that it was done to hide these transactions ?
You say in your email that the govt. should be willing to investigate. Did you or COJA approach the govt. with a request to investigate ?
I request you to reconsider. The whole nation looks upto you as a crusader against corruption. Will you now, like Bheeshma Pitamah, close your eyes while Draupadi's ' cheer haran ' is being done ?